7 relaxing days on Mallorca
Mallorca, the biggest of the Balearic islands, is presented to the world as the island of calm. A nickname it has earned itself throughout the years and that this 2021 will become even more relevant.
At Hotel Cosmopolitan, our goal is that this year you travel in no rush, consciously and enjoying every single moment that you live during your holiday. A way of travelling in which time is on our side, plans do not abide by the clock and tranquillity is your best travel companion. A trip with calm and serenity.
To manage that, we suggest a tour through the most authentic Mallorca, a trip appreciating each detail just like locals do, making you feel one. Forget about being a tourist and adopt the Mediterranean lifestyle with these places and options we share with you so that you travel in a relaxed manner:
- A walk through the narrow and cobbled streets of Palma’s old town must be among your plans. We recommend to visit it at dusk, when the last sun rays shine on its architecture and a golden spark lights the city. A moment when the combination of light, the atmosphere and the landscape create a stunning setting.
- Visiting the crystal-clear waters and white sand beaches is a classic, but it invigorates the soul. You can go for the north area of the Tramuntana mountains, where you will find small stone coves such as Cala Deiá, Cala Carbó or Llucalcari, and fine sand beaches such as Formentor beach or Muro Beach. Another option is the east coast where the renowned Es Trenc beach is. These beaches are places where time stands still; perfect to open a book and immerse yourself in the story, where you can play your favourite soundtrack and enjoy every single moment.
- Inland Mallorca hides the unknown side of the island. Small villages with fantastic cuisine, popular culture and tradition. Get lost in the centre of the island and visit the municipalities: full of architectural gems and heritage such as the talayotic settlement of Costitx and Llubí. Windmills are also part of the island’s heritage and you can discover them in municipalities such as Sa Pobla. They are just perfect for hiking and cycling!
- If you want to enjoy a quaint village (beyond Valldemossa or Deiá), we recommend Fornalutx. The first municipality in Mallorca to achieve the “one of the most beautiful villages in Spain” distinctive. A bucolic and rural setting to wander discovering the corners of this fairy-tale-like place.
- The Tramuntana mountains, declared a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO, provide endless possibilities to connect with nature. An excursion through the mountains and villages that are part of it such as the dry stone route; breathing the fresh air of the Mediterranean which borders it or simply enjoying the sunset from one of the towers and viewpoints you will find, will be enough for you to fall in love with this island forever.
These are only a few suggestions for your stay on the island to be full of peace and wellbeing; but, as we have already mentioned, the best way of enjoying Mallorca is letting yourself go with the flow and leaving your hurries behind in your city of origin.
If you listen to us and travel in no rush, you can book more than 7 nights and enjoy one night for free. Discover our special Long Stay rate, valid for all bookings of over 7 nights booked through our web.